A number of voluntary organizations and responsible citizens made the following demands immediately after the violence:
- Immediate appointment of a judicial commission to enquire into the role of the administrative machinery and of members of the ruling party in perpetrating this catastrophe on the innocent Sikhs of Delhi;
- Deterrent punishment to all those found guilty;
- Adequate compensation to and rehabilitation of widows and orphans and other victims;
- Overhauling the police machinery with a view to make it a law-abiding force;
- Restoration of the people’s faith in the secular character of the State;
We fully support the above demands. We place this report before the Nation so that justice may be done and shattered faith may be restored.