Gurduwara Bari Sangat -Burhanpur
Gurdwara Bari sangat - about two furlong northwest of the walled city is much more flourishing and frequented. It marks the site where Guru Gobind Singh, traveling to the south with emperor Bahadur Shah, stayed in May-June 1708. Later Hathi Singh made his abode here. This Gurdwara has 16 acres of land attached to it. Guru Granth sahib is seated on a marble canopied seat in the middle of a spacious high-ceilinged, rectangular hall which has a gallery at mid-height on three sides. Above the hall, over the sanctum, are two floors of square rooms with a domed pavilion on top. An old hand-written copy of Guru Granth Sahib is preserved in this Gurdwara. Its pages have beautifully drawn border in multicolour.