Gurudwara Shikargarh Sahib, Kaacha Distt Lahore
This sacred shrine connected with the Lahore visit of Sat Guru Hargobind, is located at a distance of 15 km from Lahore. It is about 4 kms west of Kahna bus stop on Ferozepur Road. Kaacha is the Railway station about 3 km from the village.
The Gurdwara which is known as Guru Arjun Nawas was built on a knoll in the village. Sixth Patshah went hunting there which was a thick forest then.
There is a big water reservoir outside the villag? in front of street of the Gurdwara sahib. It was built by Diwan Lakhpat Rai. Presently it is with Fisheries Department. Bhai Mal Ji started Prakash of Guru Granth Sahib during the English rule. Later the control of Gurdwara passed into the hands of Singh Sabha. Gurdwara Committee had finalised a plan to set up a College for the higher education of girls before 1947 but this plan remained incomplete.
The remains of collapsed shrine were standing a year ago but now the same have disappeared completely. A Mayo (a clan) raised a mansion over the site. The residential rooms of Gurdwara, the tank and the Langarhall are still standing but some people live in these buildings.
|Text and photographs:Historical Sikh Shrines in Pakistan : Iqbal Qaiser|