The great tirath of the Sikhs, Gurudwara Fatehgarh Sahib lies just on the outskirts of Sirandh. It is about 50 km to the north of Patiala. The serene and majestic comparative Gurudwara stands on the road side to attract the attention of all passerby's.
The Great Tirtha (Center of pilgrimage) of the Sikhs, it is about 50 kms. to the north of Patiala on Patiala Roopnagar Road via Morinda.
The main Gurudwara commemorates the martyrdom of the younger Sahibzadas (sons), Zorawar Singh (9 years) and Fateh Singh (7 years) of the tenth Sikh Guru, Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji. They refused to apostasies from truth and religion under threat from their captor, the Suba of Sirhind and were suffocated to death in the walls, which were raised around them. Alongside is the Burj of Mata Gujri-the grandmother of these martyrs who could not survive the shock of their martyrdom. Nearby is the Gurudwara Jyoti Swarup where the cremation ceremonies of the three were performed under duress. A great fair (Jor Mela) is held here for 2 days in the month of December.
Rauza Sharif Of Sheikh Ahmed Farooqi, Mujadid Alif-Saani At Sirhind:
This beautiful and spacious mausoleum is a national historic monument which is a second Mecca by Suni Muslims, is visited an about August by thousands of Naqshbandi from Pakistan, Afghanistan, Indonesia and India. Premises of the mausoleum there are tombs cenotaphs apart from a mosque. One such grand cenotaph is of King Shah Zaman of Afghanistan.
Aam Khas Bagh:
Not far from Rauza Sharif, Aam Khas Bagh, which, as its name de notes was a highway-inn for the use of royalty as well as common people. It was initially built by Babar and extended and almost rebuilt by Emperor Shahjehan. The royal part of the building has a mammoth water storage tank, a palace with beautiful murals on its walls, complete with hot-and-cold air conditioning facilities and a unique hydraulic system to work fountains.
Sanghol, is a village in tehsil Khamano 40 kms. from Chandigarh on Ludhiana road, it is situated on the top of a mound of great archaeological importance, which touches a height of 24 meters and is spread over an area of 200x200 meters. Known for its Museum, a large number of relics dating from the late Harappan Civilization (1700 BC to 1300 BC) to the 6th century A.D. onward have been found here.