Gurudwara Handi Sahib - Patna, Bihar
Where Guru Gobind Singh Ji And His Hundreds of Followers took Langar, From one small clay pitcher in the hut at the age of sixGurdwara Handi Sahib - Danapur is a cantonment station, 20 kilometres west of old Patna City. Guru Tegh Bahadur had returned to Punjab in April 1670 leaving his family behind at Patna. It was only after he had been at Kiratpur and Chakk Nanaki for a few months that he sent for the rest of the family to return. The family after leaving Patna Sahib made their first halt here. An old lady named Mai Pardhani served a kettleful (handi) of khichari (rice and lentils) to them after which the shrine subsequently built here was named as Handiwali Sangat, which is now called Gurdwara handi Sahib. It is housed in a small hall with verandah on three sides and a small brick-paved walled compound in front on the bank of a seasonal stream, Son Nadi.