Gurudwara Chhevin Patshahi, Guru Mangat, Distt Lahore
Once this sacred shrine used to be very close to Lahore Cantonment railway station but no Gulberg, a modern locality of Lahore, has developed around it . Lahore Cantt and Walton railwa station serve this place. Sat Gur Hargobind Ji came here after leaving Mozang. The Gurdwara w beautifully built but it had to suffer vast damage in 1947. It stood as a ruin for many years. In ord to preserve the sanctity of this sacred place a splendid mosque,"Shan-e-Islam" (glory of Islam), h been built here. There is a school with the mosque where the Quran is taught. A dispensary is al working for the welfare of the people. This area is now under Gulberg, police station , earli Mozang was its police station.
|Text and photographs:Historical Sikh Shrines in Pakistan : Iqbal Qaiser|