Gurudwara Bibeksar stands on the eastern flank of the tank Bibeksar got dug by Guru Hargobind in 1628 for the convenience of such pilgrims as would prefer seclusion to the hustle and bustle of the immediate environs of the main shrine. The Gurdwara lies northeast ofRamsar between Chativind and Sultanvind gates of the walled city. The Gurdwara was raised by Maharaja Ranjit Singh in 1833. The building for Guru ka Langar and a well were added in 1905-06. The Gurdwara was controlled by Niharigs until its management statutorily passed to the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Com-mittee in 1925.