250 gms. wheatflour
250 gms. ghee
250 gms. sugar ground
3-4 tbsp. milk
1 tsp. cardamom powder
- Melt ghee in a heavy pan.
- Add, flour and cook on med/low flame.
- Stir continuously, till med. brown.
- When aroma exudes, and properly browned, take off fire.
- Spread in a large plate.
- Cool till a shade above room temperature.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder and sugar.
- Mix well. Sprinkle milk.
- Mix again and form tight fist shaped pinnies.
- This is done by taking some mixture and pressing in the fist.
Making time: 30 minutes
Makes: 23-25 pieces
Shelflife: 2 weeks or more
Note: The name pinnie (pindi) comes from its fist shape with the finger markings. You may add chopped nuts like almonds, etc. if you like. Variations: Urad pinnies may be made by using urad dal flour instead of wheatflour. Also add 100 gms. khoya.