Baba Lakhmi Das
Baba Lakhmi Das also called Lakhmi Chand (1497-1555), the younger son of Guru Nanak, was born to Mata Sulakhni at Sultanpur Lodhi, in presentday Kapurthala district of the Punjab, on 19 Phagun 1553 Bk/12 February 1497. Unlike his elder brother, Sri Chand, Lakhmi Das got married and led a householder’s life. The Bedi families of the Punjab claim their descent from him. He died at Kartarpur (on Ravi) on 13 Baisakh 1612 Bk/9 April 1555.
- 1. Kohli, Surindar Singh, ed., Janam`idkhi Bhai Bald. Chandigarh
- 2. Vir Singh, Bhai cd., Purdtan Jannm Sdkhi. Amritsar, 1982
- 3. Sant-okh Singh, Bhai, Sn Gur Pratdp Suraj Granth. AmriLsar, 1927-33
- 4. Chhibbar, Kesar Singh, Kansdvalindmd Dasdn Pdfshdhidn Kd. Chandigarh, 1972
- 5. Macauliffe, M.A., The Sikh Religion. Oxford, 1909