GURDWARA SAHIB POLICE DEPOT, KUALA LUMPUR
(GURDWARA SAHIB PULAPOL)
C. Kautermaster, Pusat Latihan Polls, Jalan Semarak, 54100 Kuala Lumpur
In 1940, the Police Depot, which was situated in Bluff Road (present Bukit Aman), was moved to Gurney Road (now known as Jalan Semarak), Kuala Lumpur. This Depot became the main training centre for Police personnel and recruits. There was an official Sikh laangri (cook) to prepare the meals for the Sikh Police personnel.
To serve the religious needs of the Sikhs in the Police Depot, the Government built a Gurdwara Sahib within the Depot area in early 1941. This Gurdwara Sahib, which occupies 17,000 square feet of land, was officially declared open on 24th April 1941. This is the third Sikh Police Gurdwara to be built in Kuala Lumpur.
Sgt. Major (R) Giani Dasoundha Singh Village Amargarh, Bhatinda served as a Granthi for about 7 years in this Gurdwara Sahib in the 1950’s.
Presently, there are about 20 students who attend Gurmukhi classes, which are held twice weekly.
The Patron of this Gurdwara Sahib is SAC II (Rtd) Sardar Nashatar Singh. Sardar Harnam Singh is the appointed Trustee. The Management Committee comprises of the President, Secretary, Treasurer and their assistants as well as ten committee members.
There are two rooms available for Sikh visitors in this Gurdwara Sahib.
There are about 35 families who participate in the religious activities in this Gurdwara Sahib.
The normal weekly prayers are held on Sunday mornings from 9.00 a.m. to 9.45 a.m. The Sikh Naujawan Programme is held on the second Saturday of every month from 6.30 p.m. to 8.00 p.m