Gurudwara Bhuman Shah Dipalpur Distt Okara
This village called Bhuman Shah is in the Jurisdiction of P.S. and Tehsil Dipalpur of district Okara. It is located at a distance of 24 kilometers from Dipalpur on Dipalpur-Haveli Lakha road. According to Bhai Kahan Singh Ji, Dashmesh Ji had given blessing to Bhai Bhuman, Shah that his langar would continue serving.
The shrine is built in the style of a big fort and inside this fort-like structure the Gurdwara of Baba Sri Chand, residence of Baba Bhuman Shah , the Samadh of various Mahants are located alongwith hundreds of rooms for visitors, langarkhana and the tank.
There are four big gates to enter this shrine and the walls are decorated with colourful pictures the sayings of Gurus. More than 1000 Ghumaon of agricultural land is endowed to shrine. This building is now in charge of the Evacuee Waqf Board. The present condition of the building is miserable, the walls have developed cracks and the roofs have collapsed. In case this building collapses in the time to come an invaluable treasure of art will also be destroyed with it.
|Text and photographs:Historical Sikh Shrines in Pakistan : Iqbal Qaiser|