Gurudwara Chhevin Patshahi Sahib
Gurudwara Chhevin Patshahi is dedicated to Guru Hargobirid, who visited Nankana Sahib on his way back from Kashmir in 1620. It is close to Gurudwara TambO Sahib and represents the site of the Guru’s camp. Guru Hargobind here joined the traditional Nomani (or Nirjala) Ikadashi fair that year.
Guru Hargobind Ji also sanctified Gurdwara Nanakana Sahib in 1613 A.D. (Samwat 1670) with his visit, after returning from Kashmir. The Guru deputed one Almast, a disciple of Baba Sri Chand, to render care and service to the Gurdwara.The Guru had brought Almast along with him from Kashmir during his journey. A Gurdwara stands erected at the place where the Guru rested for three days. It is situated in the close vicinity of Gurdwara Tambu Sahib. The Guru paid a holy visit to this place in June (Namani Akadashi). Since then a festival was held on that day. There is a another Gurudwara adjoining this place , where Guru Arjan Dev Ji paid a holy visit.The building is quite safe but no daily congregation is held. Gurdwara Sri Guru Arjan Dev ji, Nanakana Sahib).
|Text and photographs: Gurdwara Gurdham at Pakistan, written by Roop Singh and Published by SGPC|
|Photographs : Kanwer Sosheel Singh from Pakistan|
|Photographs: S. Rajinder Singh Narang|