Gurudwaras in Pakistan
Mattu Bhai Ke
Mattu Bhat Ke or Bhai Ke Mattu, is a village in Naushahira Virkari police circle in Gujranwala district. Guru Hargobirid lived here during his return journey from Kashmir. The comemorative shrine was called Khara- Sahib or, later, Gurudwara Chhevin Patshahi. It had to be abandoned in 1947. Its present position is uncertain. There is no mention of it in .Sikh Shrines in West Pakistan, a Pakistan Government publicalion, dated 1962.
Hafizabad, a tahsil town in Gujranwala district, is a railway slation on the Shahdara-Sarigla Hill-Wazirabad section of Pakistan Railway and is connected by road with Gujranwala. Guru Hargobirid on his way back from Kashmir in 1620 stayed here. Gurudwara Chhevin Patshahi represents the site of Guru’s camp. It is in a large haveli entered through a double-storey gateway having a bow window above the door under a cusped arch.
Kartarpur is often referred to as Kartarpur (Ravi) to distinguish it from another town of the same name in Jalaridhar district (India). This Kartarpur is a small habitation on the right bank of River Ravi opposite Dera Baba Nanak in India. It is close to Darbar Sahib Kartarpur railway station on the Narowal-Chakk Amaro section of Pakistan Railway. Kartarpur was founded by Guru Nanak Dev at the request of some of his followers like Bhai Doda and Ajitta Randhawa. After his longer udasis, the Guru settled here permanently with his family and some of his disciples who wanted to live near him and serve him. Many others came singly and in batches to have a glimpse of him and to listen to his sermons and discourses. Here, after formally installing Bhai Lahina (renamed by him Angad) as his spiritual successor, he cast off his mortal frame and mingled with the Eternal Light of which he had been the brightest spark. It is said that his Hindu and Muslim disciples wrangled about the manner of funeral rites. Hindus constructed a dehura or samadh and the Muslims a grave. Both were after some time washed away by the waters of Ravi.
Guru Nanak Dev himself set up a dharmsal as a place of congregational worship at Kartarpur. It became in time Gurudwara Darbar Sahib. Its present building and residential quarters were constructed in the year 1911-12 by a Hindu devotee, Lala Shyam Das. The double-storey domed sanctum is enclosed in a square pavilion which is flanked by a tower each on the corners on the rear (river) side. There is a verandah in the basement. According to Khan Mohammad Waliullah Khan Sikh Shrines in Pakistan, 1962, "Annual repairs to the monument are carried out by the Rehabilitation Department and the Government of Pakistan have also appointed a caretaker to look after this important Sikh shrine."