Gurudwara Chhevin Patshahi, Glutian, Distt Sialkot
This village called Glutian Khurd (minor) is situated on Gujranwala-Sialkot road. The bus stop is known as Glutian. The village is at a distance of four kilometers from the main .road. A metalled road leads to the village. Tongas (Horse driven carriages) and mini buses are easily available. The shrine of 6th Guru is located at the highest spot in the center or the village. On solicitous entreaties of a devotee Guru Ji stayed here while on his way back from Kashmir.
The beautiful dome of Gurdwara is visible from a distance. It is the hi hest building of the village. Prakashasthan is made of white marble but no Prakash has taken, pace since 1947. The building is presently being used as a marriage hall. There used to be a banyan tree during the times of Guru Dev Ji which is gone now. 13 ghumaon of land has been assigned to the Gurdwara by the village. The building is in such a poor condition that it may collapse any moment.
|Text and photographs:Historical Sikh Shrines in Pakistan : Iqbal Qaiser