Gurudwara Pipli Sahib
GURDWARA PIPLI SAHIB, about 1.5 km west of Amritsar railway station towards the Khalsa College, marks the spot where a large sangat, column of devotees, coming from Afghani-stan and northwestern districts of the Punjab to take part in the excavation of the main Amritsar tank was welcomed by Guru Arjan, who came forward personally to receive them and who subsequently made it into a resting place for sarig-ats coming to Amritsar from that direction. The Gurdwara is connected by a 150-metre link road to the main Sher Shah Suri Marg near Putlighar. It came into prominence again in 1923 when crowds of volunteers for the kar-seva or desilting op-eration of the Darbar Sahib tank first as-sembled here and then proceeded to the work site in a procession on 17 June 1923. The Gurdwara was reconstructed during the 1930’s. Besides the daily services, a fair is held here on the occasion ofBasant Panchmi (January-February).