Gurdwara Dheri Sahib(Poonch)
Gurdwara Dheri Sahib(Poonch) This Historical Gurdwara is situated in the remote area of village Dharamsal in Tehsil Haveli,District Poonch about 5km from Poonch City.This place is located very near the LOC separating POK from district Poonch.About 200 years ago Sant Bhai Bahadur Singh ji established the Gurdwara and village at this place.
In those days,people had to travel from Rawalkote, Muzzafrabad, Rawalpindi etc to Poonch for various purposes but there was no place for travelleres to spend the night, Bhai Bahadur Singh ji constructed Dharamsal in the village. The establishment of Dharamsal which was flanked by steep mountain slopes (in Pahari language referred as KHARI) gave the village its name Dharamsal Khari.
Dheri Sahib has a long historical background. When Guru Gobind Singh ji had deputed Bhai Pheru Ji for preching Sikhism in J&K. Sant Bhai Rocha Sini,the disciple of Bhai Pheru Singh ji was asked to preach Sikhism in Poonch area. S. Mota Singh ji who was the younger brother of Bhai Rocha Singh had two sons,Bhai Hakikat Singh ji and Bhai Bahadur Singh. Bhai Rocha Singh Ji send Bahadur Singh Ji to the area for establishing the village Khari Dharamsal and Hakikat Singh ji to the place PothPhayia in Tehsil Bagh presently in POK.
1. BAWLI SAHIB : It is a small spring near Dhehri Sahib which was dug by Bhai Bhahadur Singh ji and later maintained by Bhai Charat Singh ji.
2. DHEHRI SAHIB: Bhai Bahadur Singh Ji breathed his last at Dharamsal Kheri and was cremated in the area called "Kheira da Bela" in the nearby village namely Karmara and the remains were brought to Khari Dharamsal by Bhai Charat Singh ji. Dhehri Sahib was constructed by Bhai Charat Singh ji. Presently Dhehri Sahib is spread in an area of 15 Kanals.
3. GURDWARA BUILDING : A very big Building has been constructed by the SIKH sangat. Now big Gurmat Samagams are a routine here in summer season every year.
1. Whenever there is a tremendous rain and flood in the area people collectively come at Dhehri Sahib and after preparing Karah Parshad pray before Almighty Waheguru
2. Once a royal hunter went for hunting near the forest area surrounding the village and when he had to return,it started raining heavily.The Betar nullah was flowing above the danger mark due to which he had to stay back at Dhehri Sahib. He was accompanied by large number of soldiers who had to take meals at Dhehri Sahib.The royal hunter was worried about the meals as the number of soldiers was very big.The Langar was prepared in the Dekcha(Big Saucepan) and was served to the soldiers who took the meals upto their satisfaction and the Langer was stil available in plenty.The Dekcha from that day was known as Karamati Dekcha.