Gurudwara Mandi- Distt. Mandi
Mandi situated at a height of about 2000ft above sea level, is about 165 km from Simla the capital of Himachal Pradesh and 225 km from Pathankot. Buses ply regularly between Simla and Mandi via Bilaspur and between Pathankot and Mandi via Kangra.
Guru Gobind Singh was invited by Raja Sidh Sen of Mandi, to stay at his palace. But the Guru preferred to stay on the bank of the river. Inside the river there was a big stone, on which, the Guru used to hold his darbar. This stone can be seen even today. A beautiful Gurdwara has been built at the site. Some sacred relics of the Guru have been preserved in the Gurdwara. They include a cot and a rifle.
Gurdwara Padal Sahib - Mandi formerly the capital of a hill state of the same name, is now a district town in Himachal Pradesh. Guru Gobind Singh once visited Mandi on the invitation of its ruler Siddh Sen. While the Guru pitched his camp outside the town, the ladies of his household were accommodated in the Ruler's palace. Two shrines were established here, one inside the palace and the other at the site of the Guru's camp. The inner shrine is maintained by the erstwhile ruling family. The other one near the bank of the River Beas is called Gurdwara Padal Sahib. It was endowed with a land grant in Balh vikllage by Sardar Lahina Singh Majithia, governor of this region under Maharaja Ranjit Singh. Its building was reconstructed by Sardar Dina Nath, chief secretary of mandi State, in 1926