1. Those are pure, Who know what they are.
(Guru III, Vadhans Rag)
2. O slave, devoid of any virtue! Realize your intrinsic value.
(Guru I, Gauri Rag)
3. He is a fool, Who does not know his self.
(Guru III, Gajri Rag)
4. Mad is he, Who does not know his self.
(KABIRJI, BILAWAL Rag)
5. He is mad, Who does not recognize his self.
(Guru I, Majh Rag)
6. God is ever near, Do not think He is far away:
Through the Word of the Guru, Recognize Him in yourself.
(Guru III, Majh Rag)
7. He, who hathe realized not the quintessence, the self,
All his deeds are stupid, false and vain.
(Bainji, Prabhati Rag)
8. Just as there is fragrance in the flower, And reflection in the mirror,
Similarly, God lives within; Search Him in thy heart, O brother.
(Guru IX, Dhansri Rag)