1. Music is an adornment of the tongue.
Guru V, Bilawal Rag
That music and those songs are welcome
Through which the mind is concentrated on Him
with ease. (Guru III, Bilawal Rag)
2. Ye, all good people, Sing the Lord’s glory.
(Guru V, Bilawal Rag)
3. Some sang, but their minds die not enjoy,
They sang in vain in egotism;
They really sing, who love the Nam,
And contemplate on True Word.
(Guru III, Gauri Rag)
4. Whosoever hath belief, His singing bears fruit,
He is honoured in the Court of the Lord.
(Guru IV, SuhiRag)
5. That Raga is the noblest of all, my brother!
By which the Lord resideth in the heart.
(Guru IV, Shlokas)