Who Are The Guilty? List Of People Identified
Annexure – IV: List Of People Identified By Survivors
The following is the list of those alleged to have instigated violence and/ or protected alleged criminals.
Mr. H.K.L. Bhagat, Minister of State (Information and Broadcasting). On November 5, reported to have intervened to get miscreants released who were held in Shahdara Thans.
Badu Ram Sharma, Member, Municipal Corporation (Ward No. 58) reported to be the right- hand man of H. K. L. Bhagat. Reportedly responsible for loot, arson and murder in trans- Yamuna areas- Babarpur, Chajupur Colony, Maujpur, Gonda. Allegedly led people on motor cycle with megaphone.
Sjjan Kumar, Cong. (I) M. P. from Mangolpuri. Reported to have paid Rs. 100 and a bottle of liquor to each person involved in the killing.
Lalit Makan, Cong.(I) Trade Union Leader and Metropolitan Counsillor. Reportedly paid to mob Rs. 100 each plus a bottle of liquor. A white ambassador car reportedly belonging to him came 4 times to the G. T. Road area near Azapur. Instructions to mobs indulging in arson were given from inside the car.
Dharam Das Shastri, Cong.9I) M. P. from Karol Bagh. Reported to be carrying voters list with him at Prakash Nagar for identification of Sikhs. On November 5, according to newspaper reports, he along with other Congress-I leaders tried to pressurize the SHO of Karol Bagh Police Station to release the persons who were arrested during the police raids to recover looted property.
Jagdish Tytler, Cong.(I) M. P. from Sadar Constituency. On 6th November 5 p.m. he barged into a press conference that the Police Commissioner S.C. Tandon was holding. A journalist reports that he told the Police Commissioner that “by holding my men you are hampering the relief work”.
Mahendra, Metropolitan Counsillor. Reported to have accompanied Dharam Das Shastri with voters lists at Prakash Nagar.
Mangat Ram Singal, Member of Municipal Corporation (Ward No. 32) was reportedly with Dharam Das Shastri and Mahandra at Prakash Nagar.
Dr. Ashok Kumar, Member of Municipal Corporation, Kalyanpuri. Reportedly held a meeting in Kalyanpuri, following which violence broke out immediately. According to many eye witnesses he led mobs which indulged in loot, murder, arson and rape.
Sukhan Lal Sood, – Metropolitan Counsillor. According to eye witnesses was seen leading in loot, arson, murder and rape. He had come with petrol and serial lists and addresses of Sikhs in the locality. He came to Shakarpur relief camp to distribute sweets among the refugees. The women refugees, recognized him and drove out.
Jagdish Chander Tokas, Member of Municipal Corporation Munirka (Ward No. 14) reportedly led a mob to R.K. Puram Sector IV and V.
Ishwar Singh, Member, Municipal Corporation, Mangolpuri (Ward No. 37). Allegedly led the mobs that indulged in looting, burning, rape and murder in Mangolpuri area.
Balwant Khokhar, Youth Congress-I Leader, Delhi. Identified as one of the persons responsible for instigating looting and arson in Palam Colony area.
Faiz Mohammad, youth Congress-I Leader, Delhi named by refugees in Shakurpur camp and in Mangolpuri for being a part of the mob indulging in looting, arson and murder.
Ratan, Youth Congress-I Leader, Delhi named as having taken part in violence and looting in Palam Colony area.
Satbir Singh, Youth Congress-I. He allegedly brought bus loads of people from Ber Sarai to Sri Harkrishan Public School(Minirka). They burnt school buses and parts of the school building. He was reportedly involved in looting and beating of Sikhs which carried on throughout the night on November 1.
The following is the list of police officials allegedly responsible for negligence of duty and/ or abatement of / participation in violence:
Malhotra, ACP, East District at Shakarpur (under Shakarpur P. S.) Reported to have invited mobs. Heard to say ” You should have blown up the Gurdwaras in addition to killing Bhatia ( Cong.-I worker, Trilichan Singh Bhatia) of M. Block, Shakarpur. Mob was accompanied by Malhotra, who moved with one jeep, station- wagon, two men with sten- guns and revolvers, petrol- cans and stones. He supplied weapons to the mob, according to eye- witness accounts. Reportedly incited mobs at Laxmi Nagar, Gurunangal Nagar (under Shahdara P. S.)
Jai Singh S.H.O. Allegedly told mobs in troubled area that they could do what they wanted for three days.
Rao Ram Mehar, S.H.O. at Shakarpur reportedly pointed out Sikh shops and houses to the mob.
Hari Ram Bhatti, S.H. O. Sultanpuri P.S. reported to have helped the mob by disarming the Sikhs. On November 1 and 2 it is alleged that he himself killed them. On 3 and 4 reported to have had the Sikhs shaven at gun point.
Ravtas Singh , S.H.O. Sadar Thana. Reportedly broke into houses and indulged in arson.
Survir Singh, S.H.O. Kalyanpuri, P.S. he reportedly reached Trilokpuri(under Kalyanpuri P. S.) at 2.30 p. m. on November 1, when plunder and killing were going on. He immediately removed head constable and another constable from the spot, thereby giving the mob full license to indulge in arson, rape and killing.
R. D. Singh, S. I. Information from refugees at Durgapuri Gurudwara, Loni Road that he abetted mobs and personally beat up and killed people.
S.H.O. and Constables, R. K. Puram Sector IV P. S. according to eye witnesses account when appealed to by two residents of Ber Sarai to protect a Sikh family being attacked by a mob in sector IV they categorically refused. Further, they are reported to have declared that Sikhs should be killed.
The following are the names of other police officials reported to have abetted/ participated in violence in the mentioned areas:
Tyagi, S.H.O. in Trilokpuri.
Rana, Inspector- in -Trilokpuri.
Moolchand, S.I. in Shakarpur.
Bakshi, A.S.I. in Trilokpuri.
Rajvir Singh, Head Constable, Kalyanpuri, P. S. in Trilokpuri.
3. OTHERS INVOLVED
The following is the list of persons allegedly involved in looting , arson and other criminal activities:
BLOCK – 5 :
1. Papita, one of the ring leaders allegedly involved in murder.
BLOCK- 12 :
2. Brahmani (Misrani) Shastri
BLOCK- 14 :
3. Baleshwar Bhargi alias Bhalu.
4. Bal Kishan
BLOCK- 21 :
5. Bihari Dhobi.
BLOCK- 25 :
6. B. D. Sharma.
BLOCK- 27 :
7. Israi Ali (allias Chunnu).
8. Salim, well known goonda, allegedly involved in murder.
9. Massa, opium dealer.
BLOCK- 28 :
10. Dr. Yahya Siddiqi, Clinic at Main Road, Block- 27, reportedly led the mob.
11. Manu Singh, shop- keeper.
12. Soni, Railway worker.
13. Mukesh, reportedly involved in loot and murder.
BLOCK- 29 :
14. Mukri Master, Tailor, allegedly involved in murder.
BLOCK- 30 :
15. Om Prakash ( Omi), Mason, allegedly involved in murder.
16. Ved Prakash (Brother of Om Prakash), Handpump Mistri, allegedly involved in murder and rape.
17. Nur Jahan, reported to have incited Muslims by spreading the rumours that mosques have been burnt by Sikhs.
18. Keramat, Dealer in Cement.
19. Shabnam, TV shop owner.
22. Salim allegedly involved in murder.
23. Abbas Son- in -law (See Abbas in Block 32).
24. Mukri, Video shop owner.
BLOCK- 31 :
26. Kamaruddin, Atta- Chakki shop owner, and Furniture dealer.
27. Niyamat Ali.
28. Ninav, Tea shop owner.
29. Dr. V. P. Singh.
30. Duli Chand, Local Leader.
BLOCK- 32 :
31. Rampal Saroj, Pradhan and Congress- I worker. Allegedly responsible for killing of Gopal Singh, Ranjha Singh, Mekal Singh. Other charges against him are instigation, rape and burning.
32. Kishori lal and his four brothers, Shrawan, Shriya, Chhote, Kamal, own a Meat shop. Allegedly responsible for killing of Hukum Singh, Tirath, Sajjan Singh, Soma Singh, Tara Singh.
33. Jagga Sansi and wife Draupadi, allegedly responsible for burning, murder and rape.
34. Khadak Singh Pradhan.
35. Gaffar Khan, Businessman dealing in Cement.
36. Babu Khan, owns a dairy.
37. Manu Sansi.
39. Somnath, allegedly responsible for killing of several persons including Hoshiar Singh S/ o Milap Singh and 3 young men whom he locked in the hose and killed later with other people.
44. Tello Sansi (Draupadi’s sister)
45. Ruplal, allegedly responsible for killing of Labh Singh, r/ o 32/ 121.
46. Omi Chamar, Shoemaker.
47. Morari, owns grocery shop in Block-31.
48. Pahelwan (brother of Rashid).
52. Kallo Khan, Dhaba owner.-
53. Abbas, owns cloth and chapel shopping Block- 27.
54. Dr. Lambo.
55. Bhallo, Sells liquors.
56. Kayamat Ali.
57. Raju (Bhangi), Sweeper.
60. Murli Khan.
61. Sher Khan.
62. Raja Ram, Rickshaw Driver.
63. Bethis Ramesh.
64. Bedhu Ram, allegedly responsible for killing in 32/99 and 32/97.
BLOCK – 33:
65. pappu, allegedly responsible for murder.
66. Bhum, local goonda.
67. Gyano, student.
68. Mohammad, Cycle shop owner.
71. Kamal Singh, Rickshaw owner.
73. Rashid, Cycle Rickshaw repair shop in Block- 32, allegedly involved in murder.
BLOCK -34 :
75. Ratan (brother of Mahendru).
76. Behem Sharma.
77. Mahendra Pal.
78. Sher Singh, Shop keeper.
BLOCK- 35 :
BLOCK- 36 :
80. B. B. Pandey.
OTHER BLOCKS :
81. D. R. Lakhani, Youth Congress- I.
83. Two sons of Sitaram, Mikman.
84. A. Mulla, lives near Mosque in Trilokpuri, teaches children in Mosque. Allegedly incited Muslims to go to burn two Gurudwaras of the locality.
86. Rohtas, Land owner and Goala.
87. Rishi, Land owner and Goala.
88. Kripal, Land owner and Goala.
89. Brahm ( Tea shop owner in Trilokpuri).
90. Chabban & Munim, Cloth and Tailoring Shop near Mosque. Allegedly responsible for the death of Duleep Singh.
91. Babu Sharma.
BLOCK – A- 4 :
92. A. Bagri, Pradhan.
93. Brahmanand Gupta, Pradhan.
94. Nathu Pradhan, Sweeper.
95. Udal Jat.
96. Owner of Hanuman Ration shop.
97. Gayanand, Shop owner.
98. Ganpat, Shop owner.
99. Piria (Gujrati).
100. Gurbat Brothers.
103. Changa, Doctor.
104. Omi, auto- rickshaw driver.
105. Garib Das.
106. Vermanand, Kerosene seller.
BLOCK A- 5 :
107. Hasla Ram.
BLOCK B- 1 :
111. Pal Brahman.
BLOCK -3 :
115. Gopal & Brothers
116. Babbar & Father
118. Raghubir, Sweeper
119. Pratap, Sweeper
BLOCK- C- 4 :
121. Barjilal & Sons.
122. Kalaram and 2 sons
123. Prem Singh alias Prem Muchival, Property dealer
124. Jai Kishan, Sweeper
128. Ravikaran, Tailor
130. Mohan Lal s/o Thekeda Komal
BLOCK P- 3 :
131. Tara Chand, Carpenter.
132. Master, Kerosene seller
133. Radhe Shyam, Mechanic
134. Babu Lal, Vegetable seller
135. The brother of Sikandar
136. Gulab Singh, owner of Godown
137. Hardwari Lal, Mandal President
138. Narendar Singh, Congress-I Worker
139. Salim Qureshi, Congress-I worker, belongs to Waqf Club
140. Shawkeen, Congress-I Worker, belong to Waqf Club
141. Malaram, Congress-I worker
142. Rajendar of New Star Club
143. Shiv Charan
MAUJPUR : GONDA :
144. bhisno Joginder, Kerosene seller
145. Trilok, Flour Mill owner
146. Gupta, Paper seller
147. Delu Ram, Tailor’s Apprentice
148. Ram Kishan, Tailor’s Apprentice
149. Bhola, Milkman
150. Balbir, Milkman’s son
151. Prem, Barber
152. Gyan Malwai
153. Narain;s son
155. Bhatia, Congress-I Worker
156. Dogra, Congress-I worker
157. Mr. Singh, Congress-I worker
158. Lakshmi Dhoban, Mahila Samitti, allegedly instigated mobs to burn Sikhs alive.
159. Mr. Ashwini, BJP worker
160. Satpal, owner of 3-star hotel on main Shakarpur highway.
161. Ashok Kumar, owns a flour mill in Shakarpur.
162. Ram Niwas Sharma
163. Rohtas Singh, Shakarpur Village.
KHAJURI KHAS :
164. kadam Singh, Panchayat Sarpanch
165. Nephews of Kadam Singh
166. Nambat Singh, owns Ration shop in the area.
167. Shyan Lal, Retired ASL.
168. Jai Singh, Kerosene seller
171. Pratap, Pradhan of Sagarpur, allegedly responsible for killing 22 members of the family of Budh Singh of Sagarpur near Janakpuri.
BLOCK C :
172. Dabbu Sweeper
173. Kalia, Sweeper
174. Upli, Sweeper
175. Son Sasi
176. Mohan Sasi
177. Bhana Sasi
178. Raju, Sweeper
179. Malaram, allegedly distributed free kerosene
MANDAVALI : UNCHPUR
1. Sachdeva, property dealer
2. Raj Kalla, Cement dealer
3. Gupta, alias Chakki, owns Grocery store
4. Ram Prakash, works in Khadi Bhawan
5. Dr. Babbar
6. Dharam Pal
7. Kishan Dutt
8. Babu Ram
9. Lai Bahadur Mishra
11. Balwan Khokkar
12. Mohinder Singh Bargdola
13. Pandit Tara Chand
14. Ishwar Chand Verma
15. Pandit Ram Niwas
SADAR BAZAAR :
16. Kamal, Dhobi
17. David, Dhobi’s son
18. Vinayak Family
AZADPUR INDUSTRIAL AREA :
19. T. S. Bedi, Factory owner. On Nov. 1 he is reported to have organized mobs from early morning which became active later. While his own factory was left untouched, the neighboring Crown Motors factory belonging to Sardar Pyare Singh was gutted the same day.