GURDWARA SAHIB CHANGKAT TIN, PERAK
31800 Tanjong Tuallang, Perak
In the 1930’s, there were a large number of Sikhs at Changkat who were employed by the Anglo Oriental Company in its tin mines and dredges. Some of these Sikhs were also dairy farmers and bullock cart operators. In 1943, the Anglo Oriental Company built a Gurdwara Sahib in Changkat Tin to serve the religious needs of its Sikh employees. This Gurdwara Sahib is built on a piece of land, which is one-third of an acre in size. The Gurdwara Sahib was built during the Japanese occupation of Malaya at a cost of Japanese $10,000.00.
In the 1950’s, there were about 50 Sikh families staying in and around the Changkat Tin area. At the present time, there are about 10 families in this area who participate in the religious activities in this Gurdwara Sahib.
Bhai Ram Singh served as a Granthi here from 1935 to 1942. Bhai Sohan Singh served as a Granthi in this Gurdwara Sahib for nearly 24 years from 1942 to 1966. The last Granthi was Bhai Inder Singh who served from 1966 to 1985. Since 1985, Sardarni Harbans Kaur has been taking care of the Gurdwara Sahib. The Management Committee comprises of the President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and seven committee members. Religious programmes are held occasionally at the request of the sangat. The Sangrand day is celebrated in the evenings from 6.30p.m. to 8.30p.m.