GURDWARA SAHIB CHEMOR, PERAK
No. 331 Jalan Jelapang, 31200 Chemor, Perak
In the 1910’s, there was a large community of Sikhs in Chemor who were employed in the nearby tin mines. Some of these Sikhs were dairy farmers and bullock cart operators.
The Gurdwara Sahib Chemor was built around 1914 to serve the religious needs of the Sikhs. The size of the Gurdwara Sahib premises is 1 Rood and 11 Poles. This Gurdwara Sahib building was demolished in 1940 as it was in a state of disrepair.
The present Gurdwara Sahib building was built in 1941. This single storey Gurdwara Sahib has a raised roof made of zinc sheets, which is rather distinctive. There are two rooms in the Gurdwara Sahib premises, which may be used by Sikh visitors.
The Management Committee comprises of the President, Secretary, Treasurer, their assistants as well as five committee members.
Presently, there are about 12 Sikh families who participate in the religious activities in this Gurdwara Sahib. The normal weekly prayers are held on Sunday evenings.