Gurudwara Thara Sahib at Multan
This holy shrine is located in the corridor of the tomb of Shah Shams Sabzwari on Shah Shams road .
A beautiful building touching the sky is visible just after crossing the Daulat Gate Chowk in Multan City. This is the tomb of Shah Shams Ji. Jagat Guru stayed outside the city when he came to Multan. It was here that Shah Rukne Alam sent him a glass of milk filled to the brim which meant that Multan was already over crowded. Guru Dev sent back the same glass of milk after placing a flower petal on top, conveying to him that he would accommodate himself similarly as the flower petal had made room for itself in the glass filled with milk.
He had discussions with different mystics and learned personalities of the area. There is no separate Gurdwara at that place but for the Thara Sahib in the corridor. of the Mazar. Prakash used. to take place during the rule of Maharaja Ranjit Singh but during the British rule the same was discontinued in 1850 AD.
This corridor still exists as a monument of the arrival of Jagat Guru Ji in Multan.
|Text and photographs:Historical Sikh Shrines in Pakistan : Iqbal Qaiser|