Chicken – 300 grams, cleaned and cut into small pieces
Cinnamon- 2 pcs
Salt – to taste
Cashew & almond paste – a handful ground smoothly
ginger & garlic paste – 2 tspns
onion – one chopped
turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
chilly powder – 2 tsp
coriander powder- 1 tspn
orange colour – 1 1/2 tsp
butter – 3 tspn
oil – 2 tspn
tomato puree – 2 tomatoes blended smoothly
- Fry onions in oil till transparent.
- Add cinnamon and let it fry.
- Then add ginger & garlic paste along with a little water.
- Stir continuously.
- Add turmeric, chilly, coriander powder with salt and mix well.
- Pour in tomato puree, cashew & almond paste – mix well with water.
- When it starts to boil add the chicken which should be mixed with a little colour.
- Then add sufficient water for the chicken to boil.
- The gravy should get thick or according to your requirement. Before switching off add butter and serve hot with parathas.
Chicken – 1kg (whole)
Butter for batter – 120 gms (approx.)
Butter for basting – 125 gms (approx.)
Red Hot Chilli Powder – 5 gms
Kashmiri Chilli Powder – 10 gms
Green Chillies – 20 gms
Ginger – 10 gms
Garlic – 10 gms
(Grind all the spices)
- Mix ground masala with butter.
- Make cuts or slits on the fleshy parts (breast and legs) of the chicken, and rub in the mixture thoroughly.
- Leave it to marinade for 10-12 hours.
- Bake till chicken is three-fourths cooked, basting frequently with butter.
- Then remove it and fry in butter. Return again to the tandoor for 3-4 minutes.
- Keep basting till done.
- 150 ml (1/4 pint) natural yoghurt
- 50g (2 oz) ground almonds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 4 green cardamom pods
- 1 teaspoon ginger pulp
- 1 teaspoon garlic pulp
- 400 g (14 oz) can tomatoes
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 kg (2 lb chicken, skinned, boned and cubed
- 75 g (3 oz) butter
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 4 tablespoons single cream
- Place the yoghurt, ground almonds, all the dry spices, ginger, garlic, tomatoes and salt in a mixing bowl and blend together thoroughly.
- Put the chicken into a large mixing bowl and pour over the yoghurt mixture. Set aside.
- Melt together the butter and oil in a medium karahi, wok or frying pan. Add the onions and fry for about 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken mixture and stir-fry for about 7-10 minutes.
- Stir in about half of the coriander and mix well.
- Pour over the cream and stir in well. Bring to the boil. Serve garnished with the remaining chopped coriander.