Spicy Stir-Fried Garlic Pepper Chicken
This deliciously sautéed chicken is easy to prepare and will make an excellent snack or may be used as a filling for Tacos, Burritos, Sovlaki or Sandwiches.
- makes 6 – 8 servings
- 2 pounds (900 gms) Chicken (boneless cubes)
- 2 tablespoons Oil (veg., olive or corn)
- 2 teaspoons Garlic chopped/paste
- 1 cup Onions Diced
- 2 teaspoons Lemon/Lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Spice ‘N Flavor Garam Masala
- 1 Tbsp. Coriander (cilantro) leaves chopped, Salt to taste
- Marinate the chicken with lemon juice,
salt and SPICE ‘N FLAVOR Garam Masala and set aside for 30 mins.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan,
add the chicken, garlic and stir-fry on medium fire for 10 mins.
- Add the onions, bell pepper, 3 tablespoons of water and stir-fry for 5 mins.
or until the chicken become brownish and dry.
- Turn of the heat and garnish with the coriander (cilantro) leaves.
- Add a variety of bell peppers (green, yellow and red) for a colorful dish.
- Add chopped spring onions and celery in step 3 for added flavor.
- You may use the above recipe for stir-frying Chicken Liver, Turkey, Veal, or vegetables
(Potatoes, Broccoli, Carrots, Cauliflower or Tofu).
- To use as a spice rub mix 1 teaspoon of Spice ‘N Flavor Garam Masala with 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
Serve hot as an appetizer or with rice (boiled or pilaf), Indian breads, pita bread, Tacos, Burritos or any other bread.